Monday, February 15, 2010

Starting all over again.

Yeah, middle school was technically bleh. And now I'm back again, because....well I have no idea. I want to type something. So here I am. Right now, I'm watching the Olympics and the U.S champions are about to skate right now. Denney/Barrett says they're about to start. Dude looks nervous.

It's a little weird to tell myself to start again in the middle of of 9th grade. High school hasn't been anything special. No delicious drama, no heart-breaking boyfriends, no drowning friendships, and my grades are, at the very best, average. I'm trying to pull straight A's. No easy task. Something interesting that happened though was at the middle of writing Broken--a fanfiction story but in an AU--a girl contacted me. A college girl at that. She actually offered to help me editing. That was unexpected, but she has turned out to be a great friend and mentor. Plus she sent me Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I can tell it was her copy and that she read it and re-read it many times.

The reason she offered to help me was because she told me that when she was young she always wanted some writer to pop out of nowhere and offer to help her with editing. It never happened, so now that's she's older and more experienced she's helping me. I'm incredibly grateful, and maybe I'll do the same later on in life.

So I guess I'll tell you guys what I'm writing about.

One, Broken. A hurt/comfort fic that hopefully isn't very crappy, seeing as how the main character suffered from rape and now hates men. I stole characters from final fantasy 7, but it's technically not related at all. Yeah, I'm lame. You can read it if you want, it's out into the world. I'm getting great advice from awesome people and trying at character development, so hopefully I'll get there.

Another thing I'm writing...well that...that I'm going to have to call My First SciFi Novel. Mostly because I can't turn around without hearing someone say the name of the tittle. I know, it's childish to get angry at it. But seriously! Why is it popping out of nowhere!? I think that's what I get for using a fairly common word as the tittle of a novel. But it makes a lot of sense with the story. It'll also be the first time I write a sequel for something.

Both stories have unlikeable main characters. Yay!

I'll write more later.
Becky.

As of Today:
Book: Star Trek (the movie's novelization) and Halo: First Strike.
Anime: Ergo Proxy.
Movie: I don't remember what the last one was...
Mood: Sleepy.
Should really be studying...: For psychology and history.
Scifi Novel word and page count: 69,617 words and 139 pages.
Planning to write: Tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Nooo, you took it down

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.