Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Halo: Reach

Just FYI, I haven't played the game yet since I made a deal with my brother a long time ago in regards to something else that costed me my first playthrough of Halo: Reach. But that's not what I'm writing about ^^

It's just that last night, my brother and dad went to the local midnight release of Halo: Reach. I had to stay and sleep because I had a quiz today, but I really wanted to go. Midnight releases are those things I constantly hear about and always want to go to, but never get the chance. I was glad at least my brother and dad were going though.

My dad took the camera so he could record and take pictures, but they went like at 11:30 p.m and the lines were short and there was almost no people. Not only that, but damn, was it a disappointment. Each and every single person was wearing black and standing completely still and silent in the line. What, don't tell me you were trying to blend away? Come on, people! If you're gonna go to a midnight release of a game, then at least show some enthusiasm Dx It was like just my little brother and father were excited about the game. If you're not willing to show how proud you are to buy a video game at midnight of a weeknight and be a nerd, then...well why would you go to a midnight release? O.o

As far as I know, other places were full of screaming fans. In fact the best place to go to for the release was probably at Redmond Town Center in Washington since the Bungie team was there seeing as how this is their final game.



Maybe it's just Miami that has epic fail fans? Or just that ONE Best Buy? Bleh, another reason to move to a more populated and joyful city. But sigh. It would have been so great to be there.

Anyways, I'm so happy I got the game! I woke up this morning and the package was right there, in front of the TV. It made me think of Christmas morning when the presents are right there under the tree, magically having appeared in just one night.





It took me and my brother about a half-year to save up for it, since I started saving right after I bought Mass Effect 2 (which I think also took me a half-year to save up for) and so my dad put in a few more money in so we could buy the version with Dr. Halsey's diary. I started reading it this morning before going to school and I love it so far! Half the time I don't even know what it is that she's explaining, but I adore it anyways. I'll have to google in a bunch of the terms though xD.





YAY!
(And yes, I took the pictures. That's why they're not perfectly lined or anything xD. Next time, I'm asking my dad to do it :P)
~ Becky

P.S: I've been sort of obsessed with the song Pure Imagination, and yesterday, I found a really good cover for it. I know it must be odd to shift from Halo: Reach to Willy Wonka, but bleh, I can't help adding it here :D



(Says she has a new version, but I'll just post this one for now)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:11 PM

    I will admit I'm guilty of thinking the Halo series are silly shooter games. But... hmm, I think I should play them, but life game backlog knows no bounds. (Curses, Steam!)

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.