Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Have to study more...

Yeah, I failed a bio test...

BUT
No complaining. No making excuses. I'm just gonna go study for my psychology quiz tomorrow and my English test on Friday. I've been studying most of the afternoon anyways and I'll keep studying tomorrow. Then on Friday, after school, I'll read chapter 3 from my biology text book and then do carnegie.

Although....I'll be RPing.

-shot-

On other news, I finally got to see the first Star Trek movie. I'd seen a few episodes from the series, some others from the Next Generation, and the new movie that came out last year, but this one was AWESOME! It was better than everything else. And it proved to me that I don't need to write a space marine in a story for it to be interesting. Because I mean...great science fiction writers manage and I've never really figured out how. But for whatever reason, the movie somehow made me find a path for such a thing.

Also, just to exemplify how much a space nerd I am, in the movie, when Kirk finally gets to see the Enterprise after so many years, there's like 10 minutes of epic music and Kirk going all teary eye.

Me and my dad: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, it's THE ENTERPRISE! AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A PIZZA CUTTER!

Brother and mom: ...okay....5 minutes have passed....still the same shot.

Yeah, I'm lame xD. But I figured that was also the audiences reaction when watching the movie when it first came out. Also, I think it's because of that movie that McCoy is now officially my favorite character. I don't know why he had a jesus beard while wearing a disco outfit (who knows he's been doing these past years?) but I adored his sense of humor.

I guess today we'll be watching Wrath of Khan.



Yeah, you all saw that coming.

Also, I've been RPing again and got to bring back some much missed characters I made a while ago. I edited this picture that shows the faces of my characters (now as long as it doesn't get me in legal trouble xD...)
Dream, Legion, Archangel, and Dragon (-hint, hint, bible references :D)

So yeah. Off to study. Then Star Trek movie. Then RPing. I can honestly say everything's calm right now.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.