Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Writing...

I'll admit, I'm not the greatest young writer ever. I still have a LOT to learn, and I usually welcome criticism. But nothing hurts more...than two C's and a D in your college ENC-1101 class because you:
  • Can't organize for shiz.
  • Have terrible sentence structure
AUGH! I should have known. I should have effing known! Even despite turning down most of the compliments I get, somewhere in my head, I've still gotten used to people telling me I'm a good writer. Somewhere in my frakking head I've gone "aw hell yeah, I'm a great writer" but as it turns out...I'm half-decent, or maybe worst >_<

Yeah, this is terrible. I've survived through school's English classes on talent and luck alone. There is no freaking way I can do it for this college class or the next classes I get. And...dammit, I call myself a writer, and yet when I saw those grades and the notes my professor put, my eye started twitching and I got so blank. I passed out in my bed so I wouldn't have some sort of mental breakdown again.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. But ugh, I have to get better. Have to stop procrastinating.
On another note, it's my father's birthday, and right now, he's reading a looooooooooong letter written by one of his past friends on gmail. Both him and my dad are photographers apparently, among other things. Gha! It's so unfair. No one should ever be good at so many things unless they are Leonardo da Vinci.

Okay, okay, I'm done whinnying...for today Dx but really, both him and my dad have some sort of natural talent for photographs. One of them had the picture of some random house back in Ecuador. I think that's what most Latin American countries have in common, and what they differ from the U.S houses I've seen. After all, the houses are always different, mostly because people build and paint them themselves. Here, everything is just cookie cutter places. It's hard to really distinguish anything.


~Becky

P.S: I wonder why I avoided writing the actual curse word here????

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:10 PM

    Coincidentally, my dad found a manila folder with all my ENC1101 stuff in it. I haven't looked at it yet because I will probably recoil so hard I'll smash the back of my head into the floor and, thusly, die.

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.