Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Fact True Since the Garden

Writing this with the help of Hannibal, my new Android phone. Things seem to be slowing down in some places while picking up speed in others. The rate at which I'm typing these very words seem to be constantly changing. So now that I am sixteen, I have been granted the right, by my father, to watch Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. I think that might be a greater present than the new phone (no offense, Hannibal.)

I'm sixteen. I read a heartwarming letter by my friend and fellow writer Lyra, I received a gadget I didn't need but very much am grateful for, I've seen my parents mood swing and shift as the world goes on and the chapters reach those moments most sensitive readers skip, and I wished, as I blew out the candles, for things to get better.

I know that no one magically changes from one day to the next, but I can at least attempt small changes, right? No more writing while angry or demented, no more trying to push specific emotions and themes. Life is a narrative, so I might as well record it down like one. Dream still has a long way to go. Her and the Dark Defender

~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.