Saturday, July 28, 2012

OLYMPICS!

From online, I see people are against certain aspects of the olympics, dubbing them useless. I'll never be a sports-y person, but I'm glad the olympics are hosted every four years (the summer ones are always badass. My first one watching in TV was at Athens).

I'm never sure why we admire the athletes so much, but I remember how happy Ecuador was when Jefferson Perez competed. He was an individual and not the country, but he managed gold and then years later the silver under Ecuador's name.

Besides, I already talked about "useless" things. I'm glad certain countries have the luxury to enjoy moments of our world.

~Becky
P.S: I said I'd update, but I'm typing this with Hannibal's help, and I gotta go Do Stuff for Trip to Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.