Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Being Vain

I really need to be catching up on work right now, since I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to have internet when I'm in Ecuador. However, because I can't concentrate and I was on reddit in r/teenagers, I found this thingy were people were posting up photos of them from five years ago and current ones now, so I decided to give it a go. Me when I was little and badass, and now current me, fucking around with my mom's makeup in a way that I never did when I was a kid.
My dad was messing with the camera's setting :D Since I spend most of my
time in PJs now a days, this one seems appropriate. Plus, a dragon scene is coming up in
Enkindled with Chains, and I am really looking forward to finding that purple dragon plushy
when I get back to Ecuador. It better still be there so I can kidnap it back here.
And now current meh! Crappy quality because obviously phone picture.
Stupid eye-triangle was fading.
Tip: Use the eyeshadow next time, not the eyeliner. If there
is a next time. Make-up feels weird ;-;
Okay, well, those top ones aren't pictures of me when I was eleven, they're much younger obviously. I kind of always wince at my awkward years, which were apparently between 10 to...well...present time. I guess it's because I gained weight (must be healthy! Must not go crazy and stop eating! Must do exercise! Blah blah blah), and my hairstyles were ehhhhh because I, like, cared about them and the way I was presented to others. I still do, I guess, but seeing as how I don't care too much now a days, I don't look that bad, and when I was little I didn't give a fuck, so I looked much better (then again, my vision is clouded. I always think kids are cute, even if they grew up looking like...well me >.> o-hoh)

It was a bit of a pain finding those photos; I kept seeing pictures my dad took when he was (briefly) back in Ecuador. It took all my will not to ponder at them for more than a few seconds and go into mega flashback mode.

Oh well. If I die while abroad, at least I left a memento of how...I...looked like o_e

Random thoughts of the day
  • You know the notion of "giving" virginity really confuses me? There's a really pretentiously annoying site called SixBillionSecrets that I used to go to but stopped a little while ago where people post...things. I dunno, they're hardly ever secrets, or they're unnecessary secrets, and the whole site just used to annoy me so I stopped going. Today, however, I decided to pay up a visit and saw a post where a girl was saying how much she's annoyed by the teens who lament on not having had a kiss yet or a boyfriend/girlfriend, whatever, because when she (or he, although the writing seemed to point to a girl, I don't know, I didn't check the username) was fifteen, he/she "gave" his/her virginity to some dude and now he/she totally regrets it. And I just...like...I'm not against people valuing parts of their sexual life/sexuality as long as they don't act all high and mighty over it and try to force their mentality on other people, but that phrase really annoys me. "Giving/taking" one's virginity. "Here, have my virginity." "Why thank you, let me put it up in this jar and then place it on the shelf." "Oh wow...my virginity looks good up there." Yeah...
  • What the fuck is up with my action-y scenes? It's like I always need a BANG moment where someone turns around and runs or BANG punches someone or BANG flips down a button or BANG something stupid awesome happens. Like I'll write someone doing an action, then someone screaming, and then describedescribedescribe, sometimes in longgggg sentences. Ack!
Anyways, that's all. At least my blog now has a semi-decent picture of myself.
~Becky
"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.