Sunday, September 16, 2012

Oh man...

Yesterday I played Heavy Rain then finished editing the thing at like 8 p.m, then went to watch Chronicle with my family. Then when I went to bed, I still had sentences running through my head, like, "Damn! I should have changed that!"

I just double checked, and only about half the things I was thinking about in bed are actually in the manuscript. Oh-hoh, how odd.

Also, right now, I just checked back to some of the things I was ranting about when I posted about the college applications thing.

New to add though, because I want to say this: I actually trying to get really healthy. Eat better, do exercise, sleep a lotttt more. I want to live till I'm at least 100, but with good health and stuff. Maybe even be a supercentenarian! 8D (yeah, yeah, how impossible).

I've just been kind of lamenting the shortness of human lifespans. Like so much happened between this time and five hundred years ago, and all those poor people of the 1500s didn't get to see it. I would love to be immortal and 100 years is the closest I'm gonna get to that. I know so many people are against living long or being immortal. Just like, oddly, if given the chance to go to Mars for ten years and then come back, people wouldn't do it. Why not? Why not leave this planet--do the thing no one has managed to do--and see another one! Chart the constellations from Mars, scale Mount Olympus, I bet I could even read science fiction books from there under a red sky, and at nighttime! Two moons and there's no way there's light pollution there, so it'd be perfect.

I mean, granted, I'd be totally worthless to NASA or any other space program if they wasted thousands of dollars to send me there because I'm not an awesome scientist, but this is just an impossible little dream. Like being immortal!

I suppose the reason people would be against both those things is loved ones. "No, I don't want to be immortal because everyone you love will die." or "No, I wouldn't go to Mars because it'd be boring and I'd miss my family/friends in those 10 years."

Pfffft. Those are just little pests in the grand scale of things.

Or I don't know. Maybe I'd answer differently if I was, like, a mom or something.

Oh man, getting off topic...erm...okay, yesterday, I managed to cut at least 90 something words from the excerpt. Now, I shall continue writing the rest of the novella and hopefully get through with Antigone's short story.

Away I go!
~Becky

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:08 PM

    Honestly, I'd probably take immortality even if it meant everybody I knew would die, because as bad as that is, dying myself is probably worse.

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.