Sunday, October 28, 2012

NaNoWriMo and Senior Breakfast Pics

Within the last few weeks, I finished reading Anthem and The Awakening, but I'm going to make a separate post for my thoughts on them later. This is a bit more imminent:

NaNoWriMo:
I follow so many writing blogs right now, the anxiety and excitement everyone feels at the approaching month of November is making NaNoWriMo feel like a holiday all on its own, and it's made me decide to try this again. I attempted it at thirteen and now, three glorious years later, it's time to dive into it with another science fiction novel. Hopefully without falling 20,000 word short like last time. NaNoWriMo helped Redemption get off the ground and into orbit. Maybe it'll help Sonya and Caesar's story...which...still needs a bloody title. And an outline for that matter. Oh man...

I made a profile at the site and I hope to promptly...well...survive.

I made an account, andddd here's the kind-of-crappy excerpt I manage to pour out:
Caesar's a thirteen year old boy with developing mental powers--from moving things without touching them to hearing the faintest whispering of people's thoughts in a sea of uninterrupted static. He's content with keeping it a secret and discover his powers slowly. It's only when an older woman with an identification tattoo in her back, covered in scars, crashes through his window, his life is changed forever. His strange abilities turn out to be the least of his problems after meeting the woman, Sonya, as he soon finds himself at the heart of Tartarus Irkalla, a planet which holds the solar system's most dangerous criminals.

Senior Breakfast Pictures:


















Thursday morning was my Senior Breakfast, which is basically where they take the 12th grade class to a fancy hotel, give us good food, announce the superlatives, and let us dance around for around three hours.
It was fun, surprisngly enough, as was this Saturday's halloween party (but those pictures will come later :P)
~Becky

P.S: Like the new design? It only took me more than an hour.
And the comment bit is an odd chunk of grey with invisible letters. I'll fix it and put it back up again later Dx
"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.