Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years!

Now playing: Wolfmother - Vagabond and White Unicorn

This post isn't going to have much. I just felt like writing something to see the date change in my little blog. That and I guess to say what my new years resolutions are.

I actually almost never make one of these because I know I'm going to forget about them. But I guess, since I'm seventeen and in my last year of high school, my new years resolutions are:

  • Write the first drafts of at least 3 books or rewrite a novel at least 4 times.
  • Go to university without second questioning myself too much.
  • Shoot and edit an End Of The Year video (preferably to one of the songs that are playing right now)
  • Read War and Peace, Jane Eyre, Anna Karenina, Les Misérables,, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, and Emma.
  • Meet at least one internet friend in person (which, at this rate, is between Jojo and Carp. Whoever gets freaked out the least)
  • Publish at least one short story
  • Enter into a writing/publishing contest.
  • Do really awesomely well in my first semester of college.
  • Get an actual realsies true money-earning job.
And that's it! Seems like good enough outline, although I am giving myself pardon to fail half of those. I have to get at least five of them done before the year runs out.

Happy 2013 everyone!
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.