Thursday, December 5, 2013

By the way...

I didn't want to bitch about this on twitter, so I'm going to do it here.

WHY DIDN'T I MOVE TO NEW YORK GODDAMMIT WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME I'VE KNOWN THAT WAS THE PLACE TO GO SINCE I WAS ELEVEN EXCEPT NOW I HAD MORE OF A REASON BECAUSE JESUS CHRIST AWEHAWERAIOWHEROAIWEHR[AWEHR-

I'm sorry. It's just...if I hear one more "Oh thank you, but we don't accept remote internships," I'm going to break something. 90% of these agencies are Manhattan based. One very nice agent said he wasn't taking applications just now, but he asked me if I was going to be in New York by next semester where he would maybe consider something. And it was like...like just...like I could just do it. Just call my mom, talk to my counselor, be all "lolyeahgoingtoNewYork" then fly off.

But the only thing I could do was write a polite email while inside I was screaming-

I
WISH
GOD
DAMMIT
AEO;RHA;OWERHARHAWEROHAWER

Wait...can I do distance learning at New York?
Ughhhh why do I only have two years to do this. I'M NOT EVEN AN ADULT YET. WHY AM I MAKING THESE DECISIONS.

Oh god world just let me screw up without it feeling like there's going to be lasting consequences on the rest of my life.

If...that's...possible.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.