Sunday, February 16, 2014

30 Week Blog Challenge - Week 6: Songs

Now Playing: Halo 2 soundtrack - Flawed Legacy + all the other songs listed here.

I still don't know how I feel about my indecisive ways. On the one hand, I did realize that financial decisions are still kind of new things for me. I have no perspective on them yet because I've never had to make them till now, and getting a little help from my mom isn't a terrible thing. I mean, I pick classes on my own, decided when to graduate on my own, etc, etc. I could be doing better than I think.

Or maybe that's just temporary delusion talking >_>

Okay, I'll worry about that later. For now, here we are with week 6.

Original challenge!

This is such a weird question @_@ I imagine people usually write like ten thousand names down. Favorite bands is one thing--though usually it's difficult to narrow it down to ten. But favorite songs!? So many options. So many to choose from.

I would do it alphabetically, but there are songs here and there that I love more than others, so they're getting ranked in order of that love (starting with my very, very favorite). Tis just the truth.

So I'll write their names and embed YouTube uploads in case anyone's curious. Hopefully not all those videos go down.

1) Nine Inch Nails - The Way Out Is Through


2) Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori - In Amber Clad (Halo 2 Soundtrack)


3) Faunts - M4 Part II (Mass Effect soundtrack)


4) Yoko Kanno ft. Scott Mathew - Dear John (Ghost in the Shell soundtrack)


5) Billy Idol - Heroin (cover)

Though to be truthful, I could list all of Cyberpunk here.

6) Nine Inch Nails and David Bowie - I'm Afraid of Americans


7) Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls (cover)


8) The Cure - Burn


9) Nine Inch Nails - Just Like You Imagined


10) Hans Zimmer - What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving the World? (Man of Steel soundtrack)


11) Paul Leonard-Morgan - Lockdown (Dredd soundtrack)

Or just all of the Dredd soundtrack.

12) Lola Rennt soundtrack - Running Three


13) Nine Inch Nails - Various Methods of Escape


14) Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori - Broken Gates (Mombasa Suite - Halo 2 soundtrack)


15) Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori - Finish the Fight (Halo 3 soundtrack)


16) Sam Hulick - Wake Up (Mass Effect 3 soundtrack)


17) Clint Mansell - Leaving Earth (Mass Effect 3 soundtrack)


18) Clint Mansell - Welcome to Lunar Industry and Sacrifice (Moon Soundtrack)




19) Shirley Manson - Samson and Delilah (Terminator: TSCC soundtrack)


20) John Williams - The Force theme (Star Wars soundtrack)


Okay, I'm done @_@ Too many. Can't keep going...embedding...pain...and the lagggg.
But yes. Those are my top 20 :D Enjoy!
~Becky

P.S: Oh! And happy late Valentine's Day! I actually got invited out to dinner with my new nice roommate and a group of her friends that Friday. I was really thankful that they asked me to tag along but I still feel bad for them. I'm terrible company >_>
"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.