Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What does this even mean...?

Now Playing: Nobodyknows+ - Hero's Come Back

Inventive title, I know. But I was going to tweet about this when I came to the painful realization that I've been cluttering that up like mad.

I'm a little annoyed at the pacing and scene arrangement of Millennium Girl right now, but at least I'm not wallowing in despair like I was somewhere after one in the morning the other night. That, and this scene isn't coming out too bad.

But I'm a little disturbed at something. Despite the one established relationship of Yukiko and Wendy, there's no romance in this book. At least, not one involving my protagonist. And there's no explicit sex because...well, I guess there'd be no reason to write a tender love scene. (Also, I'd probably butcher it up).

And despite all this...

Lilith keeps getting naked ಠ_ಠ

And it's not for any reasons anyone would think of! More than half the time, there's not even any sexual subtext. (There is this scene, but this isn't the norm).

Why is this happening? How and when and why did I let it get to this?!

ಠ_ಠ

I'm being dumb. I'm just so nervous. *Hyperventilates*

Okay. Next post better have some good news. (HINT HINT FINISH THE BOOK ALREADY)
~Becky

EDIT: I have decided to pretend this is actually a reference to Beowulf. Yeh.

4 comments:

  1. Just how many times are we talking here? Now you have to convince me you’re not a closet nudist. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Drake: Less than ten! D: It makes sense in context!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but you created the context. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.