Thursday, September 4, 2014

Random Updates

One: Talked about serial killers in zombie film, and totally got a question about Jeffrey Dahmer wrong in the one quiz we took. I felt...so ashamed @_@ How could I not know he carried around the head of one of his victim's in a bowling bag once? I know that Ted Bundy liked women with brown hair parted in the middle and all about John Wayne Gacy's crawl space--as well as Jeffrey's attempts to zombify his victims with sulfuric acid--and I didn't know that?

Two: I'm almost done rewriting the ending of Millennium Girl. I'm a bit happier with it, though I still have to wonder if I should tweak some of the reactions or expand on some areas. I also know what I'm going to cut and shorten for the third revision (should be starting that around next week), but I'm still a little worried about the word count. This rewritten ending is approaching 10k words, and I still have one last chapter to add after I wrap things up in the current, err, setting.

Three: My room's walls are largely empty. I managed to hang up Maria Gabriella's painting and some colorful, prrty feathers, and there are a few of my bags set against the walls. But I don't have posters or pictures to frame.

Instead, I started doing this--little notes or ideas about Millennium Girl, interesting phrases I've read recently in books or assignments, and just general stuff related to writing:

Odd angle to show in general how empty one of the walls looks.
And today I bought these and aligned them, at the ready:


>_> I wonder how long it'll take for my room to turn mega colorful.
~Becky

EDIT: Ugh. So...

I heard about Cerati's passing a couple of hours after this post. My dad and I were holding out hope that he'd wake up again, but after four years, I guess that just wasn't going to happen. I'm thankful that his legacy will live on, however. I hope his music will always find its way to inspire a million other people, as it has inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:06 PM

    In honor of zombie class, you should create a pentagram out of your post-its

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.