Thursday, October 2, 2014

For Exodus (updates)

Now Playing: Halo: Reach OST - Beta Suite

I got such a good response for the Isadora/Dr. Monroe piece, that I am legitimately sure my next NaNo project could be my best written novel to date.

Uh.

If I finish it.

And get the science right.

And the characters--minor and secondary.

And write a good ending.

And generally don't let the plot slip through my fingers like what happened with Millennium Girl >_>

@_@ I am so doomed.

Planning is well underway, as evidence by the rise in sticky notes. Not that they've stopped with the daily escape attempts.




Plus I did the same useless MAKE PRETTY BACKGROUND WITH AWESOME ART! :D

[MEGA FUTURE EDIT: I deleted it >_> I felt bad].

I put these up as my laptop's background~

Pretty stuff to look at and maybe even reference is a good way to kick myself into working.

Here are the credits, btw, in order from left to right. It's really beautiful stuff, and makes me forever thankful for Pinterest and deviantART:

Fisheye Placebo: Ch1 by yuumei.

I can't find a title for this second one, but the GeekTyrant article credits CGHUB artist fightPUNCH - though their link is broken. Here's the source link I have.

A hundred years by cat-meff.

Black Valkyrie by streetX222.

(FUTURE EDIT: I'm thinking even though it's not for profit or anything and I didn't do much except put them in a little collage thingy, it might still be wrong to assemble it like this rather than leave the art alone. 

I'll leave it up for now, but I'll probably take it down later :( I don't want to anger any artists.)


I'm excited. I've never had so much come together for one novel: old characters I've been thinking about for a few years + environment I've been thinking about for years + new characters that have been written into well received short stories + visual art inspiration + regular inspiration (books, movies, video games. music) + walls and notebooks full of ongoing research, dialogue, and ideas = HOPEFULLY SOMETHING GOOD DX.

We'll see how much I fall into despair come NaNo. Hopefully little posts like these remind me of the bliss that came once upon a time (in planning).
~Becky

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:51 PM

    ... You are a good person for putting the credits @_@ *pats*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta give credit where credit is due. (Also, I dun wanna anger artists Dx)

      Delete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.