Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Now Playing: Marilyn Manson - This Is Halloween (cover)

So quick note: That's my favorite version of that song. I even made a video about it a few years ago.



That's so totes my video magnum opus >_>

Or well...maybe not. It'd have to compete against the Justice League: Environmental Invasion movie :P

But anyways. Ahem.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :D

Since this is Halloween AKA NaNoWriMo Eve, I am not going to have  a lot of time to blog throughout November--and even some of December, what with moving, packing, traveling, gaming >.>

But this has been a fun Halloween so far, and I wanted to give a quick update before I have to run off to a Kudzu Review meeting.

My parents sent me a care package filled with candies and chips and chocolate a few days ago. I've been eating and sharing its contents for most of today and some of yesterday. So gooood.

I gave it my hat~



And since I actually bothered to bring up a costume this Halloween, I've been wearing it around all morning. I went to CVS pharmacy and the mall and Panera Bread with a friend, and going back and forth with bags and food meant taking like six different school buses throughout the morning. I got a lot of compliments on the costume so WOO!

I took this early this morning.
You can see my wall of sticky notes just behind me
At the mall bus stop, when we were exiting, one guy approached me and my friend and asked us to explain Halloween. He was probably a foreign exchange student--although from where I'm not sure--since he legitimately was mildly confused about what it involved. I'm not...100% sure where Halloween is or isn't celebrated.

It was actually kind of difficult to explain what the hell Halloween was all about o-e Since "you dress up and eat candy," didn't seem like enough. I gave him the few background knowledge I know, and even threw in a mention of Dia De Los Muertos, though I didn't get too into it.

I hope it didn't confuse him...

Okay, aside from the candy and bad Chinese food (because how else would I celebrate Halloween?) I'm going to a carnival show later tonight, like at 8. Though we're walking over there at like 6 p.m so we don't miss on any seats.

Then tomorrow...

IT BEGINS.

And there's still a few things I need to figure out, but you know what? I'm excited. I can't wait to see where this novel goes.

Hope you have lots of candy or chocolate or pumpkin or alcohol today--whatever you like!
~Becky

UPDATE: Circus was awesome. As were the zombies.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 PM

    Are you ready... for the NANO

    ReplyDelete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.