Monday, November 24, 2014

30 Week Writing Survey - Week 14: Maps and Locations

More short responses >.> It's half because this is stuff I don't really have deep answers for, and half because WRITING CONTINUES. And it is draining. And it hurts. And it makes me cry. And it's awesome.

I mean, I technically won already, but the novel is still there. I have a tonnn of work to do on it, plus outside stuff, like some essays for classes and workshopping and revising my short story this Tuesday for fiction class and I gotta cook tiny Thanksgiving dinner for one or two  and I gotta pack and prepare for the end of the semester and these are my last few weeks as an eighteen year old and ahhhhhhh.

I may have won NaNoWriMo, but the race goes on >.> Gotta keep running.


QUESTION 14: How do you map out locations, if needed? Do you have any to show us?

I've drawn half-assed maps before, but they always end up sucking o-e I am not an artist. Because of that, I usually just end up emulating from real life locations (in this planet or the next >.> cough, cough) and go from there.

Mapping out entire planets has been a pain the past and present >_> Irkalla was a barren wasteland with the occasional awkwardly constructed forest because handwaved terraforming. It's gotten a bit better, so, I lived and learned?

Uh. And that's kind of it. Sorry, like I said, short answer .>
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.