Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now Playing: Dragon Age: Origins OST - I Am The One (High Fantasy Version)

My first Thanksgiving without a turkey D:

I've been celebrating this holiday ever since I came to America, and this is sadly the first time I won't be having an actual dinner with my family or anyone else. Because of that, I don't really have much to report. I'm still in Tally for a few more days, so I won't be seeing anyone till December happens.

But being in the apartment all alone means I get to blast music and twirl around with my nameless doll in the living room >.>

And take pictures of her next to the window decoration
I did make myself a "special" dinner--in the sense that I bothered to use more than the microwave/frying pan.

This is what I made for today. My "Thanksgiving feast" even though there's nothing actually Thanksgiving-ish about it :P

Bad lighting >_>
I assure you, nothing was over/under cooked,
everything was delicious~

Yeah, it's just chicken, brown rice, and veggies. And brownie for desert,which I didn't eat because I was stuffed and I've been eating brownies for two days straight. 

It doesn't look like much but I thought it was delicious :D And I'm not the only one who isn't eating turkey today. My dad called me earlier while the parade was happening so we could talk for a bit. He said he accidentally grabbed ham instead of turkey a few days ago. So no turkey for my parents and brother on Turkey Day. (And I guess we'll be having Thanksgiving dinner on Christmas to make up for it? Which I don't mind, tbh. I like turkey more than ham.)

I managed to finish the last of my essays. My revised story for creative writing, Ignited, is still on the works, but at least I finished my essay for zombie film a few days ago. I've finished everything else, so I just have some other school stuff to worry about before I get back.

Oh, and I went to a lighthouse with Carla on Sunday. We had nothing to do and she'd rented a car, so we drove out for more than an hour, in a storm, just to go somewhere. It was actually kind of nice. 








Hope everyone's having a great day :D
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.