Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Wishes

EDIT: :( I wrote this post back during happy times. Then the 100 went through the same problems that Lizzie Bennet Diaries did--the creators and writers don't know how to properly interact with their fans and have often a crippling case of creator's pet. To the point of getting into Tumblr arguments with their fans.

Sigh.
~*~*~*~*~
Original post:

Of course I get into a show just as my semester and NaNoWriMo are coming to an end, therefore slamming me with so much work I start sinking under the pressure.

But it's that same burst of energy I felt when I was watching Attack on Titan for the first time--that hope and longing that I would one day write something of that scale, rich in its sense of mythology and atmosphere. Watching The 100, it's back to wishing, this time that I had that masterful grasp at developing individuals, making them complex but fully realized, and different, and and and

Just making a million people squeal and scream and yelp when stuff like a hug happens because there's just so much investment and character development and JUST

You can't
contain
my shipping
heart
*OTP FEELS EXPLODES*

^ This will only happen again if Korrasami becomes canon. 

I keep seeing people dismiss The 100. They can all go jump off a cliff >_> I'll push them.

Uh. Anyways...

I'm 40k words into Vanguard's Exodus. And of course, a bomb went off, so I had to pause, if only for a second.

It's tradition.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.