Monday, March 2, 2015

30 Week Writing Survey - Week 25: Pets

Now Playing: Hiroyuki Sawano - Hikou Senshi (Shingeki no Kyojin OST)

Holy hell was last week chaotic. So much crap to do for all my classes T_T Projects and studying and preparation for who knows how many quizzes and exams. And I have a midterm today, in, lyk, three hours. Ugh. I might have gotten stuff done faster if Pulse hadn't kept distracting me >_> I've got like three weeks before I have to workshop the story, but I've barely even gotten the first draft down! So nervous about it. And I already love it too much, which means editing is gonna hurt more than usual. I really should know better...

Friday night was also a bit of a mixed bag. Some guy at the SLC wouldn't leave me and my friend ALONEEEE no matter how much we tried to distance ourselves from him. I hate it when a guy obviously understands he's being too forward and creepy, yet he thinks being apologetic and polite somehow makes up for the fact that he's not adhering to our wishes of "please go away and stop talking to us." At first I thought he was friendly, but then it started getting borderline uncomfortable and clingy. It was awkward. Also, do creepy guys not know girls have peripheral vision? This is not the first time I've noticed someone constantly staring at me when I'm facing slightly away. I can see out the corner of my eyes, yo. Most girls can see out the corner of their eyes. You're not being discreet. (This is a problem in my vampire lit class, though the victim in this instance is my poor friend Lana).

Despite the annoyance, I got to see Big Hero 6 for the first time. And it was wonderfulll.

No wait. Not enough of a reaction. Ahem.

IT
WAS
AWESOME
AND SO CUTE
AND SO AHHHHHH PRETTY AND ADORABLE AND FUNNY.

I loved it so much. Probably way more than most people do--the robot, Baymax, in it is just too perfect. (Did I mention the robots in Interstellar are also what made the movie 900% better?)

This is one of the cutest scenes ever (even though this movie is fullll of them)

I was starting to get worried about my story and my writing and how the class really won't like what I'm attempting. But watching a good little sci-fi flick cheered me up. Even if I can't manage to get the class to like what I'm writing, at least I gave it a shot. I'll get there one day.

Short post today. I'll do more ranting and ramblings in a few weeks/days.


QUESTION 25: Do any of your characters have pets? Tell us about them.

Surprisingly...no O_O

I planned a dog once, and he was to make an appearance in Salvation, the sequel to Redemption. But he never showed up cuz I never got that far. I don't even remember what his breed was or if "he" was even a boy.

I do want to write pets. Maybe a German Sheppard because they're my favorite kind of dogs. But I've never really gotten around to write one. I'm not even counting the digital kitten in Vanguard's Exodus because you don't see him that often...I did call him Proton, though, after a kitten my AP Environmental Science class rescued once (long story). He was adorable >.>

I wish wolves counted. They keep showing up in virtually all my stories, but never as pets. And sometimes not even as real animals. Dragons don't count either since no one has pet dragons--cuz my kind of dragon can't be tamed.
(Not even by their mother.)
So...uh...yeah, no pets. I should do that someday.
~Becky

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 AM

    No pets? @_@ Not even dragons? Or small robots? ... I am surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragons can never be tamed D:< and having a robot pet over a robot friend? I dub the former slavery!

      (I'll have a dog someday >_>)

      Delete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.