Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Blog Challenge: 25 Things

Now Playing: Ramin Djawadi - The Pointy End (Game of Thrones OST)

Two quick things.

One, I went to Giselle's house on Wednesday so we could play Life is Strange together and complain about the upcoming Batman v Superman film. (We were also going to keep watching Sense8, but gaming took up most of our time). In between trying to get her laptop to work and get the screens to link up properly and stuff, (big flat screen tv and tiny laptop screen) we had an hour and a half of set-up while talking about anything--Age of Ultron, The Fault in Our Stars, Game of Thrones, K-dramas, how Giselle knows spoilers for every known story even if she hasn't really experienced said story somehow.

Actually, we spent a lot of time being critical of a lot of stuff. (Except when we ended up talking about The Last of Us and hopeful sequels. Because you can't judge perfection.) We do it to bond. Since, you know...
I may not watch the show anymore, but these recaps are always gold
It was pretty fun. And Life is Strange turned out interesting. It had a ton of pop-culture references which we found amusing. I know things like that instantly date a story, but I kind of didn't mind this time. It was easier to get into the mundane aspects of the world. I think I'm going to buy it too.

Two, when I went to K-mart last Saturday (or whatever day it was), I realized that coffee mugs are the best. I kind of wish I could buy all the ones I saw.

Also, I'm really jealous of the young girls of today for one silly reason--they have awesome toy selections.

It's no secret I think very little of the Divergent series in general and I think even less of Shailene Woodley (I love that my film history professor referred to her as The Girl That Doesn't Know What Feminism Is), but this was the kind of Barbie doll I wanted when I was little. Doll selections like this,

and general toy selections like this:

Well, that and these cute Lalaloopsy dolls I keep finding everywhere.
(Forgot to take a picture in the store...)

Those are my pointless thoughts of the day--on to the challenge.

Week 4: 25 Things To Do Before Your Next Birthday.

Oh my god--25 things...? That might be a lil too much, you know. I've only got a few months left

I'm just going to ramble.
  1. Revise and polish up Millennium Girl
  2. Query literary agents 
  3. Finish first draft of Vanguard's Exodus
  4. Get my licence
  5. Learn to drive properly 
    • (no panicking and freaking out. No car accidents either >.>)
  6. Get a good job.
    • We'll see how flexible my definition of "good" becomes in the coming days
  7. Catch up on my reading challenge
  8. Visit Ren while she's away at her internship
  9. Send my brother a care package.
  10. Regularly start going to the library again
    • (This is a huge motivator for getting my licence)
  11. Start saving up money (if job)
  12. Start paying back loans (if job)
  13. Keep updating the Monday Excerpt challenge without missing a week
  14. Read Marissa Meyer's Winter when it comes out.
  15. Buy a cute coffee mug.
  16. Finish up the journals and notebooks I still have here.
  17. Reread the Halo books I have here. 
    • I don't remember a single thing about most of them. So...I'll count them toward the challenge. 
  18. Try NaNoWriMo again, and not get mad if I don't win this time.
  19. Review every book I read from here on till December.
    • (Hopefully I'll continue to do so even afterwards, but let's see if I can keep it up)
  20. Eat a bit better
  21. Start waking up at 5:40 am again.
  22. On that note, establish a good, permanent sleeping schedule.
  23. Read at least 70% of the books already in the house.
  24. Write or edit at least 10,000 words a week.
  25. Add more sticky notes on the walls.
This is hopefully all feasible.
~Becky

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    Duude let's go to the library @_@ We shall giggle loudly and get kicked out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROADTRIP (to the library!)

      Let's do it. And let's smack talk. certain books within earshot of people >.>

      Delete

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.