Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday Blog Challenge: Food

Updates first!

As I mentioned before, my brother moved out to university on Monday. It was apparently a very tiring, rushed move, so I guess Tuesday morning sucked for everyone in the family. I wasn't there to help with the move-in, but here in Miami, I was ten minutes late to an important thingy because the metro in Brickell stopped working. Flats mutilated my feet in the ensuing walk >:(

Family suffered too because of unfortunate purchases at Wal-Mart. Rushin' back and forth trying to find a fridge of a good size.

I got a few quick pictures before they left. One of them illustrating how unfair it is that my brother is now the same height as our dad yet I am still shorter than our mom.

And then my dad sent me this on Tuesday afternoon:
Apparently my brother almost died twice trying to climb out of that bed? Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Hopefully he doesn't die for realz.

Pointless stuff to follow: Silvia came over on Tuesday to gift me cupcakes and play Final Fantasy X and I tried to braid her hair. I debated putting up a picture of the four strand braid I managed, but we have really curly, short hair, and I am still bad at braids, so it doesn't look that great >_> Actually, it doesn't look like anything except...more curly hair in the curly hair.

So instead, have a picture of my awesome new shoes:

yes. I modeled them for the blog.

That's it! Back to the challenge.

Week 14: Relationship to Food.

Love it? Can't live without it?

I think I've been pretty lucky to always have a pretty good relationship with food. College was the somewhat exception of that because I always felt infinitely more hungry there than I did elsewhere, but aside from that, I quite love food. Even veggies! Not all of them, and only in somewhat specifically prepared ways, but I still like them. (Sadly, I don't like them enough to make them the main part of my meals).

Favorite foods and drinks are:
  • Brown rice California sushi roll
  • Beef steak with mashed potato and broccoli
  • Orange chicken with fried rice
  • Spaghetti and meatballs
  • Cheeseburger
  • Brownies!
  • Chocolate chip cookies with milk
  • French vanilla coffee.
  • Iced caramel macchiato
  • Iced white chocolate mocca
  • Mozzarella cheese
This list is probably kinda lame. But I'm not fancy >.> I just like what I like.

I'd say my favorite restaurant is probably Umami, which is right up my street. We can't afford to go all the time, but we went the weekend before my brother had to leave and got bento boxes. They were so gooood. I have a feeling I'm not allowed to say I like Chinese food because I've obviously only ever tasted the one here in America, but y'never know. I might like actual Chinese food some day, if I ever get to taste it.

I'm not that great at cooking stuff. Whenever I do have to cook, I just throw everything in the somewhat appropriate kitchen cookware and attack it with salt and pepper. Like I said, I'm not fancy. I also sadly cannot bake anything that doesn't involve cake mix, although I think I managed some pretty good brownies and chocolate chip muffins once. That's not the norm, though. Even my salads are kind of lame and just four or so vegetables randomly chopped up and mixed.

Oh well. It keeps me alive and happy.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.