Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Blog Challenge: Heartbroken

Now Playing: 4 Non Blondes - What's Up? (Sense8 soundtrack)

Week 17: Someone Who Broke Your Heart

Now here's a question I don't know how to answer.

Most of the time, this kind of thing is supposed to be taken romantically or something. I don't really know why--I guess our modern society in general places great emphasis and importance on romantic love as it being the one true love above all else. When it goes awry in any way, then that's the most painful thing that can happen to you. That is the pain that makes it feel like it's literally tearing your heart in half.

But I'm trying hard to think of a time I knew someone that either hurt me directly or indirectly enough to make me feel that level of pain...and I don't think it's happened yet. Romantically or nonromantically.

I don't know what that says about me or what I still have to experience. I've had troublesome and oddly powerful friendships. I've known fucked up people, interacted with them--romantically and nonromantically--but I wouldn't describe the pain they caused me as "heartbreak." PURE RAGE is more in line of how I'd put it.

I've cried over things that have happened with people, to people, or the like. But no one's broken my heart yet. Not even by accident. Not in a way that really sticks out for me.

Does that make me lucky? Or does it mean the worst is yet to come?

I guess I'll have an answer for that when the heartbreak finally comes crashing down on me.
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.