Thursday, December 3, 2015

Unmarked

Now Playing: Lorde - Biting Down 

Silly-posts-week continues.

I finished wrapping up presents.


That might look like a lot, but like 50% of those are for my mom, bought by my dad. He always goes overboard with her present-buying, which is really sweet and really intimidating. Cuz no one can compete. Why is he so good at presents? Why can't I have that superpower? I suck at it compared to my dad and it's been especially tough this year.

I'm thinking to make up for it, I just need to do what I always do when in doubt: buy a ton of chocolate and distribute it to an obsessive degree. No one can be truly unhappy with that.

(Right?)

Aside from that, out of those, I've got two that don't have name labels, but at one point (current, distant, it depends on the time of day, really) had recipients.

They're mocking me.
Even the picture quality is mocking me.

On their own, they're nothing special. No diamond necklace, no Nexus tablet, nothing of the sort. It's not about what they are, it's about what giving/keeping them means to me.

I don't know what I'm going to do with them. All I know is, no matter what I do, I'll find a way to regret it.

Ughhh. I better lighten up for the holiday season. I'm getting there, I know it.

Just gotta complain a lot first >_>
~Becky

P.S: I have been doing a lot to cheer up. Like this:
I've run out of Zodiac Killer information/theories, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.