Wednesday, November 9, 2016

They both tried to comfort me.

It's like I'm six years old again and just skinned my knee on the sidewalk. They hugged me and stroked my hair and reminded me things get better eventually.

Dad said it might take a while, but eventually the world comes to its senses and things align again.

Mom said it's an old generation gripped by absurd fear and hate that made him win. But they're fading, and when they're gone we'll be here, and we might be able to do better.

Who knows for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century... The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists...which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science..."
- Carl Sagan, in his message to future explorers of Mars.